Robert Atkinson is the lead attorney of the Las Vegas law firm Atkinson Law Associates Ltd. He deals primarily with business bankruptcy and litigation. Below is a copy of his resume.
J.D., Georgetown University
MBA in Finance, Carnegie Mellon University
B.S. in Physics, with minors in Math and Economics, Montana State University (4.0 GPA)
District of Columbia Bar (Bar No. 975743)
State Bar of Nevada (Bar No. 9958)
Nevada Real Estate Broker/Salesman (License No. BS.0007645) (on inactive status)
COURTS / JURISDICTIONS:
United States Supreme Court
Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
U.S. District Court, District of Nevada – Civil Proceedings
U.S. District Court, District of Nevada – Bankruptcy Proceedings
Supreme Court, State of Nevada
District Court, State of Nevada
Judicial Court, Clark County
Superior Court of the District of Columbia
District of Columbia Court of Appeals
Member, American Bar Association
Member, American Bankruptcy Institute
AREAS OF PRACTICE – LAW
- – Lead attorney for 300+ bankruptcy filings, across chapters 7, 11, and 13.
- – Personally handles each case from start to finish.
- – Lead attorney for several medium-sized Chapter 11 business cases (including a large shopping mall, a 42-employee print shop, an aircraft manufacturing company, a Las Vegas nightclub, a 62-room resort inn, a 232-unit apartment building, etc.), as well as many smaller cases.
- – High level of proficiency on Nevada exemptions and Chapter 7 means testing.
- – Experienced in most aspects of complex bankruptcy filings, including first-day motions, relief from automatic stays, use of cash collateral, unsecured creditor committees, debtor-in-possession responsibilities, Initial Debtor Interviews, reorganization plans, avoidable transfers, exclusive filing periods, disclosure statements, class voting, proofs of claim or interest, trustee actions, superpriority claims, perfected security interests, priority unsecured claims, small business debtor qualification, motions for use or sale of property, lien avoidance, and so forth.
- – Participated in 200+ contract efforts, covering all aspects (drafting, negotiating, workouts, etc.).
- – Provided advisory services to multiple existing or prospective franchisees.
- – Have assisted many dozens of start-up companies with their required filings and paperwork.
- – Experienced in various other aspects of business law, including intellectual property (trademarks, copyrights, patents, trade secrets), the laws of security interests (perfection, UCC-1 filings, etc.), commercial and real estate transactions and financing, and so forth.
- – Participated in over 100 lawsuits, for both plaintiff and defendant business clients.
- – Experienced in representing business clients in many types of civil causes of action, including: breach of contract; misrepresentation/fraud/deceit; civil RICO; declaratory relief; injunctions and TPOs; receiverships; breach of fiduciary duty; tortious interference with contract; civil conspiracy; unjust enrichment; conversion; rescission; constructive trust; misappropriation of trade secrets; trademark infringement; unfair competition; and more.
- – Built a reputation for comprehensive pleadings and thorough discovery requests.
Commercial Real Estate
- – Conducted significant transactional contract work, for acquisitions, financing, leases, etc.
- – Lead attorney in many CRE litigation cases, including receiverships, foreclosures, and 1031 exchanges.
- – Knowledgeable regarding commercial mortgage-backed securities, PSAs, indenture trusts, etc.
PRIOR EMPLOYMENT HISTORY – BUSINESS
Principal at A.T. Kearney
- – Provided senior-level client advice to Financial Services, Retail, Communications, and Utilities industry clients on topics including M&A, operations, supply chain, and enterprise restructuring.
- – Evaluated contracts for, and provided litigation support expertise to, major U.S. law firms.
- – Advised major U.S. and international banks on making over $2 billion in funding decisions.
- – Performed large-scale program management of projects (led global teams of up to 50 direct reports)
- – In aggregate, saved clients over $250m in annualized spend via strategic sourcing and outsourcing, over $1 billion/year in employee costs via downsizing, and $500m+ in one-time inventory reductions.
Manager at Deloitte Consulting
- – Developed business plans and market entry strategies for Internet and telecom clients.
- – Built comprehensive discounted-cash-flow financial models, which in aggregate were used by clients for $7 billion worth of funding and investment decisions.
- – Performed complex data modeling and research in high-volume, time-critical environments.
PRIOR EMPLOYMENT HISTORY – SCIENTIST
Physicist at NASA / Los Alamos National Laboratory
- – Used a high-energy laser to identify materials that extend the useful life of space stations.
- – Obtained a Federal Security Q (top secret) clearance.
PUBLICATIONS / SPEECHES
- – Been a featured speaker at over three dozen conferences, workshops, and panels.
- – Authored several business and scientific articles and white papers, e.g., “Growth of Bismuth Films on GaAs(110) Studied Using Low-Energy Electron Diffraction,” Physical Review B, March, 1990.
Macroeconomics, number theory and cryptography, financial markets, computer architecture